Sunday, February 5, 2012

Of Class Pictures

It's that time of the year again when Mia had to take her class picture in school.

What I like about her school is that the kids can wear their "Sunday Best" and actually pose and have a solo shot.  Last year, I prepped Mia tirelessly on how to smile.  I made sure she had a cute outfit- a crisp white button down polo with a dainty blue skirt.  I made sure her hair was fixed and although minimal, had some accessories on.



These are her stills from last year.  I was so excited to see them.  I thought I have done everything I could to make sure she would look nice.


Look at that!  Major fake smile moment and her clothes are all over the place.  I know the school had to round up all the kids for this picture taking so I kind of (not really) understand why this is how it turned out.

Why am I sharing this?  Because this year, I learned my lesson.  I did not put it to chance that Mia will have nice pictures.  I forced Karl to be there (I wish I could've done it myself but I was busy with work.) and make sure (GUARANTEE) that pictures will be great.

I am trying to downplay how excited I am to see her pictures.  I made Karl take pictures even if there was a photographer.  I don't want to get disappointed with the outcome.  Am I having a major scary stage mom moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment