Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cirque du Soleil and Lugang

Last Saturday, we had a chance to watch Cirque du Soleil's Saltimbanco at the SM Arena.  It was our first time to watch anything there.  We were like total probinsyanos getting amazed.  Even if you hate SM with their monopolozing and crazyyy money making skills, you gotta hand it to them, I don't think anyone else can build what they've made.  Good job!  Pat on the back...

Going back, since our show was still at 8pm, we decided to head over MOA and grab dinner before the show.  (Don't attempt to eat in the Arena because the food is obviously extortion, e.g. tiny Mineral Water P100.  Ano raw?!)  We thought there was Yabu since there was a sign in their food establishments list but apparently it was still close.  Paasa!  Opening very soon, but not soon enough for us to eat at last night.  I was craving for something Asian so we ended up in Lugang.

I heart Lugang!  Since there was 3 of us, we could order one viand each.  Mia ordered her Siao Long Bao.  I ordered my Hot and Sour soup.  Karl ordered his asado and rice.  Mia shared rice with her dad who ended up getting an additional order of rice since 1 order was bitin and I ended up drinking soup good for 3 people.  Don't judge.  I'm technically 2 people so I just overate for 1.

Oh and we saw Daphne Osena Paez there too!  Karl whispered to me, "Is that the blogger?"  Yes, yes, yes, he's finally learning from me.  I told him yes, and she probably watched the earlier Cirque show.  He asked why did I think that and I said, "Sa tingin mo hangout niya ito?"  Lugang gets really full in MOA so either eat early like we did or... have patience!

Cirque du Soleil was okay.  I told Karl after watching so many fartsy circus, you kinda just predict what they're about to do.  There were some stunts that were new but most of them were something I have already seen before.  The whole show with the intermission lasted for about 2 hours and 30 minutes.  After that we were just so pooped!  So we called it, tonight...  Okay, if it took you more than 10 seconds to get that lame joke, go back to school.

3 more days left for the break.  I wonder what's in store?  (Yes, yes, yes reviewing for the mastery test.  At 29, there is still such a thing as cramming. Don't be so wise with me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment