Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Shall Return


Anawangin, summer of 2010

Please skip this post if you're sick of me talking about my pregnancy, weight gain and stretchmarks.  I've been having word vomit.  I have less than 2 weeks left so hopefully you can still bear with me.  As I'm typing this, I have already gained more than 40 lbs.  I was supposed to talk about this before I hit the more than 40 lbs. mark, but who would have thought I would go over?  I have started watching what I eat, and I mean be more choosy on what goes in my mouth, but so far, even when I sneeze I gain weight.

We have been seeing my doctor weekly now (starting yesterday) and I asked her if the baby is still growing.  Apparently, she is.  The doctor used a tape measure to size up the baby.  I don't know if she's tricking me or there is really some medical way to find out without doing an ultrasound.  I think Emilia is going to be bigger than Mia, but that's just me.

Noone is really concerned about my weight gain except me...  I have new battlescars (unfortunately) to prove the gain.  They are grosser(more pinkish than white) than Mia's and now all I can do is look at my old pictures and hope I still can attempt to wear bikinis in the future.  Yes, this is a concern.

Lunch at Wild Flour, BGC
This is me at 37 weeks and 3 days.  I have narrowed my clothing rotation to a week's worth.  I don't want to buy anymore, especially since I've gone this long and this far with minimal maternity wear.  I have 13 more days until I see the baby. 

Oh, and I quote Douglas MacArthur, "I shall return!".  And you know what I'm talking about...

No comments:

Post a Comment