Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Free photoshoot from Picture Company, yes PG!

I remember the first time I really felt I was a mother.  Mia was around a month or two old.  She was pooping every 2 seconds.  It was in the middle of the night.  She was crying because her lampin(we used lampin for a bit before we used disposables) was wet.  While I was changing her, she sneezed and parts of her poop and pee went to my arm.  And I couldn't do anything but clean her again, and clean myself.  (Karl was sleeping soundly in the bed, but who is asking? Hehe.)

That was the defining moment of my motherhood.  My life flashed before me, how my mother probably did the same things I was doing then, what I did in my adolescence to make my mom probably throttle me to death, the lies I told her, etc.  And I started having these thoughts in my head on what Mia will make me feel when she grows older.

What a Mother's Day story, let's put that in the back of my head first.  For now, hopefully I will still have at least 10 more years of peace before war begins.

To all the mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment