Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sock Bun

I am so glad my daughter did not inherit my hair.

Why mom are you showing this to the world?
I get to style her hair more often now since her scarce hair days.  One of those nights where I was surfing through the internet, I stumbled on this Youtube video.


When you get over the fact that she talks too much and looks like Mr. Bean, you realize she makes sense.  For a better video (in my opinion), check this link out:


Here are the things you will need to make this hairstyle:

J&J No more tangles, Dep styling gel, comb, black rubberbands, little clips, and an old sock


Spray some J&J No more tangles on hair to make sure hair is smooth.  Add gel if you want baby hair to stay in place.  Secure hair with rubberband.  Depending on your hair length, you can put the pony in a high, low, side, center or whatever ponytail.


Not in picture, cut tip of a sock.  Make sure it's washed and not stinky!  Try to get a sock similar to hair color.  Roll it and make it shaped like a donut.  Insert hair into the "donut" hole.  Make it reach scalp.  The thicker the socks, the thicker the hair will look.  Just make sure that hair can cover all of the sock's thickness.


Now this is the tricky part and it's so tricky, I don't have a picture (see Youtube videos if you cannot understand what I'm talking about).  Spread the hair around the sock bun.  Make sure it covers the sock.  Secure with a rubberband.  Fix remaining hair.  Braid the hair.


Twist the braid and put clips as desired.  This is the braided side.


This is the clips side.  You can be as creative as you want with the styling.  You can do fake or fresh flowers.


She just wanted to pose with the gel.  Hope this helps guys!  I have other hairstyles I can show you, I'm just not sure you're interested to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment