Monday, August 29, 2011

My Hair

Some people love their hair.  I have a hate-hate relationship.  Seriously, I have ZERO love for my hair. 

Growing in patches


You gotta admit that looks silky smooth to me. Left, not the one on the right!

I started with no hair.  My parents had to shave off my head twice to get decent hair growth.  Eventually, it grew, nicely, but somewhere along the way of my adolescence, it became awkward, like me.


People who release pictures like this deserve to get shot

I hated my hair.  It was very uncooperative.  Lucky me, in college, rebonding became a fad and I loved it.  It did not make my hair, straight frizzy like a broom as what straightening did.  It was kinda, believable.

First time I got it straightened. Me in front, Hello powz...

My 21st birthday. Fresh na fresh!

Glory days- Haha, this deserves a repost soon!

So I kept on getting it rebonded.  Imagine $$$ down the drain, but there are some things I am willing to spend for, like my daughter's clothes and tuition, my yoga fees, my bags and getting my hair in tip top shape. One time, a parlor overdid it.  They burned my hair and I looked like a grasshead (You know those balls with faces that grow grass as hair).  I kinda realized that parlors can really do that!  DISASTER with a capital D!  I wasn't as mahadera then so I didn't complain.  I should have demanded to get my money back.  Looking back, I should have taken a picture but it wasn't funny then so I did not want it documented.  Imagine gel-ing part of your hair so it would stay down. GROSS.

I wish I had a picture of my fresh out of the parlor look!

Through a series of unfortunate events(maybe just one event, what it was? SECRET!), I decided to chop my hair off.  It was the first time I did it since I was 3 years old.  I went to Fabio Salsa in Rockwell and it was and still is the most expensive hair cut I have ever had in my life. P900!  I remember it with all my heart because I don't spend for haircuts.  My entire hair budget goes to rebonding.

After the first time I chopped all my hair out, I lost loyalty to which I preferred- long or short hair. Whenever I got inis, I chopped it all out.  I just had the patience to grow it all out because of the straightening iron I bought last year.  It never even really straightened my hair completely, but it was fairly decent looking, at the very least.

Long! 2006

Long! 2007

Long! 2008

Short! 2009

Short! 2010

Long! 2011

What's my point?  Nothing really.  Haha.  I got my hair rebonded last week.  This is the first time since 2006.  I don't even know if it's acceptable for people my age to get their hair rebonded.  Shouldn't I be old enough to accept my true self? Naks!  Anyways, I won't post how I look now, because if you really know me, then you'll see me soon enough.  When this grows out, I'm chopping it all off again.  I want Mia and I to donate to Locks of Love together but there's a minimum of 10 inches of hair for it to get accepted (Sila na ang choosy!).  Karl likes me with short hair.  I can't decide what I like more.  What do you think?

Thank you Wella and Kuya Steve for my free rebonding.  I love it to bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment