Friday, September 16, 2011

Yumyum Abs

I have a gut.

It’s not funny and probably next to my hair, is the most annoying part of my body.

Taken in Boracay last 2009. Hiding my tummy behind my daughter's leg

I inherited my mother’s hips.  Most of all, I inherited her genes which deposit all of my fats to my gut.  My legs are skinny.  My face is skinny.  My arms are skinny.  Everything is skinny, except my gut.  You know how people have fake abs?  You know, that shadowy arched fat that looks like abs but really are fats?  I don’t have that.

When I got my hair rebonded, I got to chat with my cousin in law.  She is a mom and is a model before and after her pregnancy.  I asked her how she maintains her body.  She told me there was no way I was going to get a flat tummy without exercising my abdominal muscles, even if I yoga-d myself silly(I have been practicing for almost 2 years now and still no abs!).  Oo nga naman!  So I tried to unearth my stability ball which I bought probably around 10 years ago.  Surprisingly, I found it.  Then, I began to research on abdominal workouts which needed a stability ball.

Picture from Women's Health Magazine Online

This is what I found.  I tried doing it.  I am really not hard core! I kept on shrieking, trying to balance myself on the ball.  It was hilarious!  Mia had a tiny ball and she attempted to copy what I was doing with her tiny purple ball.  She called my ab workout, “yoga ball time”.

I have been doing abdominal exercises for 2 weeks now.  It’s nothing really formal, nothing too religious or an everyday sort of thing, but I hope I will see more results soon.  Yumyum abs, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment