Friday, January 6, 2012

Fish Tail/ Fish Bone Braid

I haven't done a hair tutorial in a while.  So far, I have blogged about the sock bun, hair curling I, hair curling II, and the cubed braid.  I have been doing this for a while now but it's only been recently that I got better at doing it so I've decided to show you how to do this.


As I've mentioned before, I really don't have nice hair.  Good thing because I learned how to braid myself because of this.  I learned how to fix my hair even without a mirror and just rely on my hands.  So yay for Mia she has a mom who knows how to braid and not how to cook.

I stumbled on this YouTube video before and got challenged.  At first, I had to make a low ponytail before I started doing the fish tail, but the past few tries, I've been doing it the normal way.  I LOVE THE FISH TAIL.  I'm not sure it makes so much of a difference versus a regular braid but just because it has a fancy name, I think it looks fancy too.  Hope you figure it out.


Brush the hair.  I prefer having a side part to make it a little arte.  I do it when hair is wet.  It's easier to control.


Divide the hair into two parts.


From the left part, gather some hair from underneath and transfer it to the right side.


Do the same on the right side.


Continue gathering from underneath and keep on switching it to the other side.


TADAAAAA!!!  Does it even look any different than a regular braid? Hehehe... Anyways, here's a video.  You can put it on the side and even call it Bohemian!  Go figure.


I'm not so sure if this is a fish tail or a fish bone.  There are different videos that call it a fish bone and some a fish tail.  Can someone tell me what it really is exactly?

1 comment: