Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sweet Inspirations

Once in awhile, I get cravings for specific food. Mongolian stir fry holds a special place in my heart. I don't know if it's because it reminds me of my college years or I really just like the combination of butter, soy sauce and all the vegetables to make it pass as a healthy meal.

Mongolian food used to be so accessible from my office. It was a stone's throw away and I could just get it when I wanted. Now, I have to go to our Makati office to get some from our canteen there.

Last week, I saw one of my friends on Facebook post a Mongolian meal she was having. My jaw automatically dropped and I couldn't help ask where she was getting her fix. She said it was in the Glorietta foodcourt but she also mentioned I could try Sweet Inspirations. Since the family was going to be in the Katipunan area anyways, we decided to go there and make mommy a happy and satisfied bunny! (Yes, me!)


That's not my head!

Sweet Inspirations has been in the restaurant business for 19 years. It is one of the oldest and long-standing restaurants along Katipunan Avenue which now has been mostly dominated by big fastfood chains.


Interiors. Steady lang...

It was my first time there. Karl said the restaurant has already improved. I had no benchmark but it reminded me of Chocolate Kiss but still needed more lighting. The buffet set up was okay except there was this annoying couple who could  not wait for their turn and kept on cutting us in the line. And of course, they were seated beside us so we got distracted even more!


Round 1


Round 2. Trivia: He used to eat here just eating the meat with no rice.

Okay, back to the food... The Eat-All-You-Can Mongolian with no leftovers cost P310 per head. It was too expensive for me because I couldn't go all out given that I had other plans that afternoon. You had to make your own sauce which was a good thing because you can customize BUT what about people like me who sucked at cooking(measuring)? They had guides on how to make sweet, sweet and spicy, sweet and sour, etc. But for the life of me I couldn't do it right. On the first round, I attempted to do sweet and spicy when midway through pouring the sauces, I realized I was making sweet and sour. I ended up with sweet and semi sour and kinda spicy!

Round 1: Sweet and semi sour and kinda spicy

Round 2: I attempted to do just sweet. FAIL pa rin.

Are there other Mongolian restaurants out there worth a try? Let me know. When I have cravings, I beat a pregnant woman anytime.

Sweet Inspirations is located at 311 Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City. You may reach them at (02) 433-4200. Open from 7am-11pm. 

1 comment:

  1. sabe ng brother ko sa may ateneo daw, the place ata is called AZUL. sa royal place near our house- P265 at Gulper's Grill. Yummm

    ReplyDelete